Filed I 485 on Feb, did bio metrics on March still the case is on the initial review. Tried contacting USCIS offices Frustrated

Asked over 1 year ago - Tampa, FL

Dear Sir/Madam,
Filed I 485 on Feb bio metrics on Mar through asylum, did not even updated the case after bio metrics taken.Took info pass and went to inquiry regarding my case the officer told me that it was sent to San Francisco as i have been living here in Brandon, FL for more than a year now and every time the address has been updated on AR 11. Emailed to San Francisco office too though she stated that it is on hold. Don't even know why it is on hold. Have not done anything wrong since i came here no even a minor ticket either. I am just so much frustrated and sad so is there anything i can do to do with the help of the lawyer so that the case can move fast. Also got informed from Officer that it should not have gone to the San Francisco office he was also wandering.
Please suggest

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

14

Answered . Three ways to approach this issue: 1. Continue waiting and being frustrated. 2. Make an infopass and try to talk to a USCIS officer. 3. Hire an experienced immigration attorney.

2. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

10

1

Answered . Like my colleague stated, you have various options:
    1. Keep on waiting and vent your frustration on general forums such as this, which will achieve nothing and not solve your problem, or
    2. Make an INFOPASS appointment at USCIS to inquire in person with an "information" officer who will tell you absolutely nothing you did not know before, but will be willing to do nothing to solve your predicament, or
    3. Call the USCIS nationwide toll free 800 number, wait about 1.5 hours on hold, only to speak with a "contractor" whose language you will not even comprehend and who will not be able to do anything for you aside from sending in a "service request" and tell you to wait 30-60 days (after which still nothing will happen) or:
    4. Retain a skilled and experienced immigration lawyer to prosecute your case.

3. F. J. Capriotti III

9

Answered . Mr. Segal gave you 3 excellent options to choose from.

4. Shahzad Ahmed

6

Answered . Hello. I feel that these types of adjustment of status applications generally take a long time. However, I recommend hiring an experienced immigration attorney to stay on the case for you to advise you and do follow ups as necessary. best regards.

5. Boris Alexander Palant

6

Answered . You are not outside the normal waiting period which, by the way, has become longer of late.

6. Ksenia Alexandrovna Maiorova

3

Answered . You should hire an immigration attorney to make follow-up inquiries regarding your case.