Filed I 485 on Feb, did bio metrics on March still the case is on the initial review. Tried contacting USCIS offices Frustrated

Tampa, FL |

Dear Sir/Madam,
Filed I 485 on Feb bio metrics on Mar through asylum, did not even updated the case after bio metrics taken.Took info pass and went to inquiry regarding my case the officer told me that it was sent to San Francisco as i have been living here in Brandon, FL for more than a year now and every time the address has been updated on AR 11. Emailed to San Francisco office too though she stated that it is on hold. Don't even know why it is on hold. Have not done anything wrong since i came here no even a minor ticket either. I am just so much frustrated and sad so is there anything i can do to do with the help of the lawyer so that the case can move fast. Also got informed from Officer that it should not have gone to the San Francisco office he was also wandering.
Please suggest

Three ways to approach this issue: 1. Continue waiting and being frustrated. 2. Make an infopass and try to talk to a USCIS officer. 3. Hire an experienced immigration attorney.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

Thanks Alexander Segal for the input. I cannot wait no longer, its been a while whereas i already made an infopass last month and they did not give me any info so far the USCIS officer were so surprised and were asking me why the case went to San Francisco rather than coming to Tampa or Miami Asylum office since i have been living here for more than a year and AR 11 has always been updated. I am also thinking about the 3rd bullet point ( Hiring an attorney) As you are a lawyer by yourself, if i hire an experienced professional lawyer how long do you think that i might be able to get the GC sir. Just an estimate if you can....... Thank you Sir again and have a great evening

Alexander Joseph Segal

Alexander Joseph Segal

You will be best served to do that in FLorida and when you do, you will pose this and many other questions to that attorney.

Mr. Segal gave you 3 excellent options to choose from.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- franco@capriotti.com -- www.capriotti.com -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

Thanks a lot Mr F.Capriotti. Appreciated

Like my colleague stated, you have various options:
1. Keep on waiting and vent your frustration on general forums such as this, which will achieve nothing and not solve your problem, or
2. Make an INFOPASS appointment at USCIS to inquire in person with an "information" officer who will tell you absolutely nothing you did not know before, but will be willing to do nothing to solve your predicament, or
3. Call the USCIS nationwide toll free 800 number, wait about 1.5 hours on hold, only to speak with a "contractor" whose language you will not even comprehend and who will not be able to do anything for you aside from sending in a "service request" and tell you to wait 30-60 days (after which still nothing will happen) or:
4. Retain a skilled and experienced immigration lawyer to prosecute your case.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

Thank you so much for your advise and suggestion sur Giacomo Behar... really appreciated..

You are not outside the normal waiting period which, by the way, has become longer of late.

Hello. I feel that these types of adjustment of status applications generally take a long time. However, I recommend hiring an experienced immigration attorney to stay on the case for you to advise you and do follow ups as necessary. best regards.

You should hire an immigration attorney to make follow-up inquiries regarding your case.

Recommended articles about Immigration