Filed for deferred adjudication for a PI charge last week, but received speeding citation yesterday in different county...?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Lubbock, TX

[TX] Last week I filed for deferred adjudication for a public intoxication charge in County A with Local PD\DA, but yesterday I received a speeding citation in County B by TxDPS. Trying to figure out my situation, and if the speeding citation will result in a conviction of the PI charge even though it was a non-alcohol related offense and both citations are in differing counties\cities. I haven't received a speeding citation in the past year so I think I'm eligible for deferral\defensive driving, although I'm unsure of my eligibility due to my previous circumstances.

1. Ryan Joseph Mitchell

1

Answered . It is up to the court to decide what to do. I do know that sometimes the class C charge banks are not linked court to court. Place B may not even know about place A. Follow the advice on the site and hire an attorney who has experience in traffic court to help you out.

2. David B Pittman

Pro

2

1

Answered . Consult a traffic ticket lawyer to help you handle the speeding citation. It will be money well spent.

Pro

2

Answered . Spend a couple hundred bucks for a local traffic court lawyer and fight it.