Filed for deferred adjudication for a PI charge last week, but received speeding citation yesterday in different county...?

Lubbock, TX |

[TX] Last week I filed for deferred adjudication for a public intoxication charge in County A with Local PD\DA, but yesterday I received a speeding citation in County B by TxDPS. Trying to figure out my situation, and if the speeding citation will result in a conviction of the PI charge even though it was a non-alcohol related offense and both citations are in differing counties\cities. I haven't received a speeding citation in the past year so I think I'm eligible for deferral\defensive driving, although I'm unsure of my eligibility due to my previous circumstances.

1. Consult a traffic ticket lawyer to help you handle the speeding citation. It will be money well spent.

2. Spend a couple hundred bucks for a local traffic court lawyer and fight it.

3. It is up to the court to decide what to do. I do know that sometimes the class C charge banks are not linked court to court. Place B may not even know about place A. Follow the advice on the site and hire an attorney who has experience in traffic court to help you out.

Answering this question does not create an attorney-client relationship. Legal advice has not been given. Also, this question and answer is posted on a public forum and therefore any attorney-privilege is waived.