Filed Bankruptcy 2008.Received discharge in Sept.2008 Filed in Florida included my home. The Banks attorney sent a deed transfer

Scottsdale, AZ |

and warranty deed to sign in Nov. 2008. Said if I signed the house would transfer back to bank and I would be finished. County has issued a warrant for me on docket fees. How could I owe this if the house was included in Bankruptcy?

1. This is something a Florida attorney would be best suited for addressing. I am not sure what docket fees would be for and, if this was in Arizona, this would not be a personal debt. This would be a debt that went with the land.

Florida may be totally different and so you should make sure your you understand how this would apply to you.

Good Luck.

Jim Webster
    Scottsdale, Chandler, Mesa & Phoenix Arizona Bankruptcy Attorneys & Lawyers

1845 S. Dobson Rd. Ste 201
    Mesa, AZ 85202

(480) 464-4667
    Jim@jpwlegal.com

We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for relief under the Bankruptcy Code.

If you live in Arizona, please contact me for actual advice; this is just speculation. It certainly is not legal advice. I don't have enough information to give actual legal advice. I can only take the limited information presented and provide a idea of what you might do and how it may turn out.

2. If you surrendered the home in bankruptcy, then you no longer owe the debt on the home. Be careful signing a "Warranty Deed". I would think that a Deed in Lieu of Foreclosure would be more appropriate. Be very careful if there is a homeowner's association involved. You will still be liable for post petition HOA fees even in spite of the bankruptcy discharge. Good Luck!