Skip to main content

Filed a request for default. It was accepted. The original FL 150 was filed 3 years ago. I should update now, yes?

Half Moon Bay, CA |

Other question is: Once I update I serve him and file with court again? What date do I list as my Declaration of Disclosure in my judgement packet? The one in 2010 or the most recent? We are Default w/MSA. Since he is in default he doesn't have to file FL 150 with court, yes or no? I have seen his taxes and am aware of his financial situation. We are waiving the Final Declaration as we have shown everything to one another very recently. Our financial situations have improved, we share legal and joint custody 50/50 %, and make about the same income. Neither of us is asking for support child or spousal. This will all be updated in our MSA as it is different from original petition. I just know the court will want a more recent FL 150. Am I on the right track?

Attorney Answers 3

  1. Best answer

    If you have already done your disclosures, filed the declaration re: service of disclosure, you do not need to update the FL150. Just prepare and submit your proposed judgment, notice of entry of judgment (and do not forget the two self addressed pre-stamped envelopes), final discl. waiver form, the appearance, stips and waivers form. etc. No, he does not have to file FL150 .I would be more concerned about waiving final disclosure from the x and also the contents of the MSA being legally sufficient for the judge to enter a judgment. If you have found this helpful and/or the best answer, please relay that information to the attorney by checking on the appropriate box below. It is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

    Please note that this answer does not constitute legal advice, and should not be relied on, as each situation is fact specific, and it is not possible to evaluate a legal problem without a comprehensive consultation and review of all the facts and court pleadings filed in the case. This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship.

  2. If you're waiving service then it doesn't need to be updated. I would be very careful about waiving disclosures as you never know if they've been hiding something.

    This is not a comprehensive answer and it is impossible to provide a meaningful response without a consultation. Call us for more information. 619.797.5456

  3. I agree with Ms. Bloom. As child support is always on the proverbial table, updated FL-150s can be filed later if one of you seeks child support from the other.

    DISCLAIMER The information you obtain at this site is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for advice regarding your individual situation. Please do not send any confidential information to us until such time as an attorney-client relationship has been established.

Divorce topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

An attorney can help.

Post a question and get free legal advice from attorneys.

Ask a Lawyer

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics