Filed a child support modification after 16 years, can I request a paternity test now or is it too late?

Asked about 1 year ago - Pompano Beach, FL

I have been on child support for 16 years, 2 kids. One graduated last year from high school and recently filed for a modification to remove that child and lower the support. Is it too late to request a paternity test for both kids? If it comes back that the 19 year old is not mine can I file something to apply the support paid for that child to the other?

1. Ophelia Genarina Bernal-Mora

Pro

3

Answered . Not a chance that support will get recovered or credited if you find out now after all these years you are not the father.

2. William Charles Rosenfelt

2

Answered . No.

3. Richard Scott Chizever

Pro

2

Answered . My first question is why did you wait so long if you had doubts? And I'm curious why the support wasn't automatically modified after the first child graduated high school. Wasn't that I'm your agreement? How are you paying your child support? Through income deduction? Central depository? Directly to ex? Younger want to comsult with attorney.