File two h1b from two different company

Asked over 1 year ago - Kokomo, IN

I've heard that it's legal to file two h1b from two different companies. If both approved, how to let uscis know which company i want to work for? Do I need to contact uscis directly or through layer from the companies?

What are things need to be done from the company i am not going to work for? Do they needs to file some form to withdraw my petition?

And my current opt expires by the end of August. If both approved, how to deal with my cap-gap extension? Will the approval order matter?

Thanks

1. Neil Ian Fleischer

Pro

2

Answered . It is legal to have two employers to file. It is even legal to have "concurrent" H-1b employment for two employers. If you choose one over the other, the one you do not choose is likely to withdraw the approval.
    www.immigrate2usa.com

2. Lalita Haran

1

Answered . you don't. Just act on your choice and the other employer should take care of the other. Best Wishes!
    Lalita Haran
    Attorney: Immigration Law
    13295 Illinois St ste 128
    Carmel IN 46032
    Ph: (317) 660-6174
    &
    522 Belvedere Dr ste 106
    Kokomo IN 46901
    Ph: (765) 854-1004
    www.haranlaw.com

3. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

1

Answered . You just start working at which ever company of the two you want to work at, and in so doing you "activate" your newly minted H-1B status. No need to "notify" USCIS..

4. J Charles Ferrari

Answered . Yes.
    By working for your chosen employer.
    You really should decide on the employer BEFORE the petitions are filed.

5. Alena Shautsova

Pro

Answered . You will choose a company, and then the other one will act on it, if you are not working for both, of course.