Skip to main content

File Bankruptcy

Tampa, FL |

My husdand and I both have been laid off work with no luck at this time finding a job. What I want to know is there a way to file bankruptcy and still be able to keep your house.

Attorney Answers 1

  1. Yes in a chapter 13 you can receive a discharge for all or part of your unsecured debt while keeping your house. You will need to pay all the arrears on the house over a sixty month period and remain current on the mortgage.

Bankruptcy and debt topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics