Fighting for a change in visitation

Portland, OR |

how difficult is it to change a visitation schedule? modify visitation. what do you have to show/prove about the other party? If I hire a lawyer is it possible the other party (my ex) will have to pay my lawyer fees?

1. It depends on many things - the current visitation schedule, the original custody/visitation decree, and the reason why you want to change the visitation schedule.

If the case goes to a hearing, and you prevail, it is possible to request that your attorney fees be paid. Regardless, based on my experience, you will have to hire and pay a lawyer to do work for you before the hearing. if you win the hearing, and if you are awarded attorney's fees, then you can recover the expenses/fees that you paid to your lawyer. I do not know of any lawyers who work cases like these on a contingency basis.

A large part of my practice revolves around child custody. I would be happy to talk to you further about this. Please feel free to call and arrange an appointment.

Edward Kroll
    www.pdxlegalservices.com
    (503) 747-3487

2. A visitation or parenting time schedule can be modified whenever the change is in the est interests of the child. A prevailing party in a modification proceeding can receive an award of attorney fees from the other party, but this is not determined until the conclusion of the case. Please consult with an experienced family law attorney at to discuss your options.

Mark Kramer
    Kramer & Associates
    503.243.2733
    mark@kramer-associates.com
    www.kramer-associates.com
    www.portlanddivorceatty.com

Child custody topics