Fighting an expulsion from school

Asked over 2 years ago - Tomahawk, WI

In 2010 my daughter was suspended pending an expulsion hearing. What had happened is we allowed the school to administer her medication (Concerta). The nurse was not properly watching her when she took these meds so my daughter was pocketing her pills instead. In school one of her pills fell out and another student saw this and gave it it to the teacher. It was later determined that she had pocketed a total of six of her pills and this is what lead to the suspension/ expulsion.
We have learned in the last two years, that no Medication Administration Consent Form was filled out by us and/ or the doctor, no letter was sent to inform us of the expulsion and my child is being penalized 100% for these actions which is not fair. I don't know what to do advice would be helpful.

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Todd Bruce Kotler

    Contributor Level 16

    Answered . Hire a local attorney who practices education and school discipline law. You need to consult with someone familiar with your state's administrative procedures. Given the timeline alleged, some forms of relief may be time bared. However, a local practitioner will be able to give more specific advice.

    This answer contains information intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above and may be... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

26,268 answers this week

2,959 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

26,268 answers this week

2,959 attorneys answering