Felony conviction and CNA License?

Asked about 2 years ago - Nashville, TN

Hi, I had a a felony conviction in the state of Florida about 13yrs ago; the conviction was for shoplifting, and I was given community service and probation for a year. That is the only thing on my record up to now. I want to know will that prevent me from getting a CNA License or going to school to be a nutritionist and getting licensed. I have lived in TN for 5yrs now

it was shoplifting at a retail store, convicted of grand theft. My brother worked at the store, and I went to there and went to his register and he ring in the merchandise and deleted them to where I only paid about $3 and when I went to leave the store I was stopped and the police was called and I was arrested.

1. Jeffrey T. McGuire

Answered . Based upon the information provided this should not prevent you from being licensed. The passage of time with no further convictions weighs very heavily in your favor. The fact that it was a theft is your biggest problem. Are you certain it was a felony? You should consult with a Professional Licensing attorney in your state to be certain.