Felony Case

Bronx, NY |
Filed under: Felony crime

Where do you find out if the lawyer who represented you in a case has any lawsuits or complaints against him?

I practice in Texas so I will answer your question as to Texas law. In Texas, you can simply contact the Texas State Bar and provide the attorney's name. The State Bar will identify any professional misconduct that has been reported. I suspect your state has the same program. You should start by searching the internet. Most states have their agency listed online and you can simply search the attorney's name.

The good standing of a New York attorney and/or any information regarding disciplinary actions must be confirmed with the appropriate Appellate Division Department. Information on how to contact the Appellate Divisions of the Supreme Court in New York is available at www.nycourts.gov/courts.