Skip to main content

Felony Case

Bronx, NY |
Filed under: Felony crime

Where do you find out if the lawyer who represented you in a case has any lawsuits or complaints against him?

Attorney Answers 2


I practice in Texas so I will answer your question as to Texas law. In Texas, you can simply contact the Texas State Bar and provide the attorney's name. The State Bar will identify any professional misconduct that has been reported. I suspect your state has the same program. You should start by searching the internet. Most states have their agency listed online and you can simply search the attorney's name.

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees


The good standing of a New York attorney and/or any information regarding disciplinary actions must be confirmed with the appropriate Appellate Division Department. Information on how to contact the Appellate Divisions of the Supreme Court in New York is available at

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees

Criminal defense topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics