Felony 23153(a), Felony 23153(b), Felony 20001(a), Felony 11377(a) all under CVC...whats the best hope for me in this situation.

Asked almost 2 years ago - Chico, CA

First time being charged with anything i just was at the wrong place at the wrong time...I just want to get an idea of what mess im got my self in and what can i do to help my self get out of this.

Attorney answers (4)

  1. 5

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Best thing you can do is get an experienced DUI attorney. Don't try to handle this yourself, you will only be getting in more trouble.

    You will need to request a DMV hearing within 10 days from the accident or risk having your license automatically suspended. Contact a local attorney immediately, they can request the hearing for you, discuss the details of the arrest and go from there.

    Any information provided through Avvo.com in response to a question is not, and cannot be considered a formation... more
  2. 4

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You need to consult with an experienced DUI attorney as soon as possible. I do not know the facts of your case, but the charges are serious.

  3. 4

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . First off...11377 is Health and safety code...

    This is a case that deals with possession, DUI, and from the charge conduct that shows disregard. You need an attorney to really look at the facts to begin fighting for you.

    It is key that you hire the best locally experienced criminal defense attorney to represent you that you can afford. You should obtain a free consultation as soon as possible. Good luck.

  4. 3

    Lawyers agree


    Answered . You start by consulting with a lawyer, in person, in the office to explain the details. There are too many variables for any attorney on this website to explain the possible outcomes. Most criminal attorneys will provide a free consultation.

    Get help fast - you need it. good luck

Related Topics


The definition, charges, and penalties for driving under the influence (DUI) vary by state and depend on a number of factors.

Avvo advisor logo@2x

Need an answer to your questions within 15 minutes?

  • 15-minute phone call
  • Ask any questions
  • $39 flat fee
  • Money-back guarantee
Talk to an attorney now

Can't find what you're looking for?

Ask span5@2x

Ask a question on our public forum.

Ask a lawyer
Advisor span6@2x

Have an attorney contact you privately.

Right now.

Icon lock@2x
Secure conversation. Your details remain between you and your attorney.
Icon clock@2x
Get an answer guaranteed. Be assured that a lawyer will contact you to help with your legal issue.
Start your session now