Fell on ice at my apt house knocked unconscious went to hospital in ambulance.. case or not?

Plainville, CT |

hurt my neck, back, hip and leg not to mention my head

Slip and fall cases depend on whether or not there was negligence. Every fall on ice is not the result of negligence. A personal injury lawyer will give you a free consultation.

Click on the name of the lawyer answering your question to see their profile, and then you can click the view website tab to find out detailed information on your personal injury topic. The information provided on this website is for general information purposes only. Nothing on this site should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship.

You should obtain needed medical care and treatment immediately and follow your doctor's advice. Do not give any statement to the adverse party or insurance company nor grant them access to your medical records. Photograph your injuries and the damage done to any vehicle or other property. Contact a personal injury attorney in your area as soon as possible so that you can protect your rights. You may also find it helpful to review the Legal Guides I have published on Avvo.com dealing with many of the issues you are now facing.

Legal Disclaimer:

Mr. Lundeen is licensed to practice law in Florida and Vermont. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Lundeen strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state in order to insure proper advice is received.

To answer your question, I have several more questions.

1. Who had control of the property? (control of the property will figure in as to who has liability and whether there is negligence.)
2. When did this happen? (there is a 2 years statute of limitations on personal injury cases. Moreover, the faster you sought medical attention after the injury will factor into the strength of you case)
3. How many and what kind of doctors have you seen? (Getting medical attention is very important if you are trying to build your case)

If you would like further assistance or a consultation, we are happy to meet with you and explore all your options. Good luck.

Slip and fall cases are challenging! In order to successfully bring a case against the owner of your apartment building, you will need to demonstrate that the apartment owner or manager of the building knew, or should have known, that the ice was there and that the tenants were likely to get injured. For example, had any other tenants slipped in that same area and gotten injured? Had the management been on notice of the injuries to others? Had the management failed to take steps to make that area safer for the tenants? If, however, the ice that you slipped on just appeared earlier that day in a snowstorm, chances are the management couldn't have known about it, and wouldn't be held responsible for your injuries.