FELL IN BAYTOWN WALMART DO I NEED A LAWYER

Baytown, TX |

I FELL AT WALMART BAYTOWN HURT BOTH KNEES AND MY LEFT ARM (elbow). THIS HAPPENED ON FEB 04 2012. WENT TO HOPSPITAL NEXT DAY THE DIOCTOR SAID I HAD SPRANG MY KNEES REALM BAD. BUT, MY RIGHT KNEE IS STIILL NOT RIGHT AND THE LEFT ONE I HAVE TON BE REAL CAREFUL HOW I WALK OR TURN OR STAND. THEY DIDNOT DO A XRAY ON MY LEFT ARM. I CANT HARDLY USE IT AND ITS SWOLLEN AND HURTS ALOT. I CANT AFFORD TO PAY FO9R ANYMORE MEDICAL. I FILLED OUT A REPORT AT WEALMART THE DAY IT HAPPENED. THANK U FOR YOUR TIME. PAMELA WHITE

Hi Pamela,
Unfortunately, you did not say how or why you fell, so it is impossible to tell whether you have a claim or whether you need a lawyer. I would suggest you contact a slip and fall lawyer in your area to discuss the specifics. Good luck.

Steven A. Schwartz
Attorney/Partner

JOEL H. SCHWARTZ, P.C.
One Washington Mall, 16th floor
Boston, MA 02108
(617) 742-1170
(800) 660-2270
(617) 250-2072 fax
sas@joelhschwartz.com
www.joelhschwartz.com

The information provided is based solely on the question and facts presented. The information presented should not be construed to be formal legal advice nor the formation of a lawyer/client relationship. www.joelhschwartz.com

Pamela,

I am litigating against Wal-Mart in a very similar case right now. You need
an attorney refer you to doctors for medical treatment. I'm assuming you
lack health insurance and that is why treatment has been delayed. Please
call my office this afternoon.

Regards,

Aaron Marks
404-939-1485
--
Aaron Marks, Esq.
The Marks Law Group, LLC
103 W. Dearborn Circle
Decatur, GA 30030
www.markslawgroup.com
aaron@markslawgroup.com
404-939-1485 (ph)
404-581-5902 (fx)

-- ATTORNEY-CLIENT PRIVILEGED; DO NOT FORWARD OR DISCLOSE WITHOUT EXPRESS PERMISSION. Communications from attorneys and their employees are confidential and may not be forwarded or disclosed without the sender's express permission. There is no intent on the part of the sender to waive any privilege, including the attorney-client privilege, that may attach to this communication. Further, anything you believe to be tax advice in this communication, including attachments, cannot be used to avoid penalties under the Internal Revenue Code, nor does it promote, market, or recommend any transaction or tax-related matter. The Marks Law Group does not give tax advice.

Whether you can make a successful claim against Walmart will depend on several factors, the most important being: What made you fall? Unless there was a dangerous, hazzardous, or defective condition that made you fall, the landowner will not be liable in a case like this, and might not be even if the condition existed.

you would also have to show that the landowner had notice of the condition and a chance to fix it or clean it up before you got hurt

you should speak to a local attorney and make sure you have the answers to these questions when you meet with him.

I've been litigating civil cases in New York for almost fifteen years including personal injury, medical malpractice, business disputes, construction matters and all other types of civil claims. Feel free to check my website: ajlounyinjurylaw.com or shoot me an email at neilflynn@ajlounyinjurylaw.com. None of the answers I give on Avvo are to be taken as legal advice, nor are they intended to create an attorney-client relationship. The information provided is merely general information intended to allow you make an informed decision about your situation. I hope it was helpful.

While we don't know how you fell, and therefore are unable to guide you regarding liability, regardless of fault, please be aware that there may be medical-payment coverage available that pays at least a portion of your medical expenses regardless of liability. I would urge you to discuss this matter with a local personal injury lawyer promptly.

Walmart does not have medical payments coverage.(not in Alabama) They are self insured. Claims Management will call you and take a recorded interview. They are not on your side. They are recording you so that they can get enough infomation to deny your claim. Do not give a statement without an attorney. Get whatever treatment you can afford, or see if your attorney can help.

The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the State of Alabama. Responses are based solely on Alabama law unless stated otherwise.

You would want to retain a personal injury lawyer in your state to investigate whether there was negligence on their part. I have settled probably 6 dozen claims, and they have always settled, so I would be optimistic. Good luck.

Licensed in Pennsylvania & New Jersey & Serving the Nation. Only 29% Fee Deducted. 1-877-258-3083. www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com

Over the past 15 years or so, Texas law has really made it very difficult to prevail in a premises liability case. From your description, I cannot tell if you have a good case or not. If you fell due to some random spill on a shopping isle, those are very difficult (if not impossible) cases to win. If you fell due to some defect in the flooring, a water leak, or a freshly mopped floor (where there was no warning signs), your case looks a little bit better.

Furthermore, without knowing the full extent of your injury, it would hard to evaluate your case. Since premises liability cases are so risky and time-consuming for the lawyer, they usually cannot justify taking them unless there is a serious injury involved.

Visit my website for more information on "premises liability" cases.

Hi Pamela,

As many of my colleagues before have stated, we would need some additional information to give an educated opinion on your case. But I would suggest you contact an attorney in your area anyways. Feel free to give me a call and I can point you in the right direction. I have several friends in that area that I'm sure could help you out. My information can be found on my profile.

You should consult an attorney in Texas to see if the attorney can help you.

This answer is for informational purposes only and is a general response to a general question. This answer is not meant to be specific legal advice, does not constitute specific legal advice and should not be relied upon as legal advice. This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship. This answer also does not constitute nor is it intended as attorney advertising. You should always consult an attorney for advice regarding your specific, individual situation. Contacting Speed Law Office does not create an attorney-client relationship.