Fees to file a motion for early release on deferred probation.

Greenville, TX |

Probation Dept. has no issues with me being released from probation but I was told the Judge will probably not let me off.Are their Lawyers in Texas that will file a motion for early release lower than normal rates. This will be my first motion for early release. All probation fees are paid up to date and all U A's are clean.I am unemployed at this time and cannot afford the fees quoted to me to file the motion and at my age (53) , work is hard to find. My charge is 3rd degree felony drug charge.

1. You should call around to other attorneys. Some are more willing to negotiate than others. The attorney you contacted may have included both his fees and any fees required by the county to accept the filing. The only person who can say if the judge will or will not grant the motion for early release is the judge himself. Feel free to contact me if you have questions regarding the motion.

Any answer provided is not to be construed as legal advice and does not in any way establish an attorney-client relationship between the questioner and the answer. If you have questions and feel you may need to speak with an attorney contact http://www.jonotoolelaw.com.

2. Criminal defense lawyers charge a variety of fees for different services. Avvo is a great resource to get the contact information for local lawyers. You should compile a list of local attorney and see who can work within your budget. Most defense lawyers offer free consultations as well.

Robert Guest is a Kaufman County Criminal Defense Lawyer with offices is Forney, Texas and Rockwall, Texas. My use of Avvo is not intended to form an attorney-client relationship. Avvo is a limited forum and should never be used as a replacement for a consultation with a local lawyer. My answers are not legal advice. You really need a consultation with a local attorney.