Fee waiver with N-400

Asked 9 months ago - Orange Park, FL

What is the correct procedure , does each of us (my wife and me) can send N-400 with fee waiver (I-912) in the same day or need to get the USCIS approval for one of us then the second can apply later ?... thank you very much

Attorney answers (4)

  1. Carl Michael Shusterman


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You can send in your N-400s and your fee waiver requests on the same day.

    (213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration... more
  2. Jeffrey Adam Devore


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Each applicant for naturalization must file his or her own application and pay a separate fee. If you are requesting a fee waiver then that will have to be made separately as well.

    While this answer is provided by a Florida Bar Certified Expert in Immigration and Nationality Law, it is for... more
  3. Wendy Rebecca Barlow

    Contributor Level 19


    Lawyers agree

    Best Answer
    chosen by asker

    Answered . You and your wife must each file your own Form N-400 with USCIS as well as your own fee waiver request.

    Wendy R. Barlow, Esq, The Law Offices of Grinberg & Segal, P.L.L.C., 111 Broadway, Suite 1306, New York NY 10006, (... more
  4. F. J. Capriotti III

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Two people, two forms, two envelopes.

    PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It... more
Avvo instant logo@2x

Need an answer to your questions within 15 minutes?

  • 30-minute phone call
  • Ask any questions
  • $99 flat fee
  • Money-back guarantee
Talk to an attorney now

Can't find what you're looking for?

Ask span5@2x

Ask a question on our public forum.

Ask a lawyer
Instant span6@2x

Have an attorney contact you privately.

Right now.

Icon lock@2x
Secure conversation. Your details remain between you and your attorney.
Icon clock@2x
Get an answer guaranteed. Be assured that a lawyer will contact you to help with your legal issue.
Start your session now