Federal Tax refund check was RTS and I did not know,I have been waiting for months.

Filed under: Tax return Tax law

I filed taxes online through E-File and even though I correctly inserted my current address I guess the system automatically sent the refund check to my last year's address. IRS has been impossible to reach. How can I possibly get my refund check now?

First, you shouldn't "guess" what happened. Either use the online "Where's My Refund" feature to get your status, or use the telephone version of this feature by calling (800) 829-1954. Once you know the status of your refund, call the IRS at (800) 829-1040. Wait times can be lengthy but don't give up.

CIRCULAR 230 DISCLOSURE: ANY U.S. FEDERAL TAX ADVICE CONTAINED IN THIS COMMUNICATION (INCLUDING ANY ATTACHMENTS) IS NOT INTENDED OR WRITTEN TO BE USED, AND CANNOT BE USED, FOR THE PURPOSE OF (I) AVOIDING PENALTIES UNDER THE INTERNAL REVENUE CODE OR (II) PROMOTING, MARKETING OR RECOMMENDING TO ANOTHER PARTY ANY TRANSACTION OR MATTER ADDRESSED HEREIN. THIS ADVICE MAY NOT BE FORWARDED (OTHER THAN WITHIN THE TAXPAYER TO WHICH IT HAS BEEN SENT) WITHOUT OUR EXPRESS WRITTEN CONSENT. TO READ MORE ABOUT THIS DISCLOSURE, PLEASE SEE http://www.daloisiotax.ucoz.com and click on "the fine print."

Tax law topics