Federal restitution of 246 a month is being taken from my social security disability check.Will this end,when probation ends?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Stuart, FL

I will still owe about 30,000.

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Melissa Engle Peat

    Contributor Level 9


    Lawyers agree

    Best Answer
    chosen by asker

    Answered . If you were ordered to pay a determined amount of restitution and the Court ordered that an amount be deducted from your income, in this case your social security disability, the payments will end when the full amount is paid. Your probation can be extended until the amount is paid in full.

    This response does not create an attorney-client relationship. Unless you are already a client of Moser & Moser, P.... more
  2. Dennis Alan Palso


    Contributor Level 12


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Only if you have paid back whatever you were court ordered to pay.

    Disclaimer: the above does not constitute legal advice and is only an opinion of the author as to current law.... more
  3. Warren Quentin Peebles

    Contributor Level 6


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . The deduction will continue to be taken out of your Social Security until the full amount has been paid.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

26,701 answers this week

2,818 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

26,701 answers this week

2,818 attorneys answering