Federal restitution of 246 a month is being taken from my social security disability check.Will this end,when probation ends?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Stuart, FL

I will still owe about 30,000.

1. Melissa Engle Peat

4

Best Answer

Answered . If you were ordered to pay a determined amount of restitution and the Court ordered that an amount be deducted from your income, in this case your social security disability, the payments will end when the full amount is paid. Your probation can be extended until the amount is paid in full.

2. Dennis Alan Palso

Pro

4

Answered . Only if you have paid back whatever you were court ordered to pay.

3. Warren Quentin Peebles

3

Answered . The deduction will continue to be taken out of your Social Security until the full amount has been paid.