Federal restitution of 246 a month is being taken from my social security disability check.Will this end,when probation ends?

Stuart, FL |

I will still owe about 30,000.

If you were ordered to pay a determined amount of restitution and the Court ordered that an amount be deducted from your income, in this case your social security disability, the payments will end when the full amount is paid. Your probation can be extended until the amount is paid in full.

This response does not create an attorney-client relationship. Unless you are already a client of Moser & Moser, P.A., pursuant to an executed employment agreement, you should not use, interpret, or rely on this response as legal advice or opinion. Do not act on any information in this response without seeking legal advice. Melissa Engle Peat, melissa@moserpa.com, 321-733-7303.

Only if you have paid back whatever you were court ordered to pay.

Disclaimer: the above does not constitute legal advice and is only an opinion of the author as to current law. You should consult an attorney with questions about your particular situation.

The deduction will continue to be taken out of your Social Security until the full amount has been paid.