Federal judge ordered me for 4 month of prison for white collar crime. Can I have BOP change it to house arrest?

Phoenix, AZ |
Filed under: Criminal defense

If yes how?

That would have been part of your sentencing, you may go in and then classed out to a half way house, but the house arrest should have been negotiated before the sentence? good luck and take care.

As the other attorney noted, this should have been negotiated prior to your sentencing hearing. Once the sentencing has taken place, the Final Order of Judgment and Committal will be signed by the Judge and, as the title explains, it is Final.

However, once you are designated by BOP, it is in their discretion as to your housing, calculation of "good time," and assignment of a halfway house. Good luck. Should you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me via the website below.

This is a response to an anonymous question and no attorney-client relationship exists, nor is it intended to be legal advice.