FBI Investigation for I-864 and/or I-864A.

Houston, TX |
Filed under: Immigration

Does Immigration Officer always seeks help of FBI for confirming the trustfulness of I-864 and/or I-864A?

I have submitted my I-864 and I-864A since last 24 days but still I didn't get any reply. One of my friend told me that Immigration Officer must send your papers to FBI for further verification and it will take 40 days approx. Is it true?

FBI does not get involved with your I-864. Where FBI would be involved is your biometrics.

No, it is not true.

The above is intended only as general information, and does not constitute legal advice. You must speak with an attorney to discuss your individual case.

No, FBI record will be checked for any criminal history.

Contact immigration attorney Gintare Grigaite, Esq. at 201-471-7989, located in New York and New Jersey. Contact immigration attorney Gintare Grigaite, Esq. for a free consultation about new Immigration Reform policies. Answers on AVVO do not constitute legal advice and do not form attorney-client relationship. Always consult an attorney for a legal advice.