Fbi fingerprint Self background check.

Dallas, TX |

Hi,
I was arrested for class C misdemnor in tx,theft under 50.
Dismissed after pretrial diversion
Iam an immigrant on H1 visa.
if I do a fingerprint based fbi self background check and if nothing shows up in their result, does it mean that the immigration also wont be seeing any records when I apply for any immigration benefit such as a visa.

If an application ask you to disclose your prior arrest, you have to disclose your prior arrest.

This answer is of a general nature and should not be relied upon as final, nor is it intended as legal advice. Consult with a qualified attorney before making any legal decisions. Gen Kimura, (832) 247-6932.

Jim Mitchell Medley

Jim Mitchell Medley

Good point. Talk to an immigration lawyer.

I will definitly be disclosing it in any immigration form that asks about arrest but I just want to understand if I send my fingerprint to FBI to do a self check and after 6 weeks if they come up with no records founf,does it mean immigration also wont be seeing it .Is this fact correct?

Gen Kimura

Gen Kimura

I don't know.

If it isn't in the FBI database it isn't likely to show when the immigration authorities run a background check. Remember though that you are still required to answer all their questions honestly and failure to do so may have negative consequences if you're caught. Contact the attorney that represented you and ask him/her the best way Tom,awfully answer any such question that you may be presented with.

Jim Mitchell Medley

Jim Mitchell Medley

I do not recommend lying.

Benjamin J Lieberman

Benjamin J Lieberman

I agree 100%

I will definitely be disclosing it in any immigration form that asks about arrest but I just want to understand if I send my fingerprint to FBI to do a self check and after 6 weeks if they come up with no records found,does it mean immigration also wont be seeing it .Is this comment

I will definitely be disclosing it in any immigration form that asks about arrest but I just want to understand if I send my fingerprint to FBI to do a self check and after 6 weeks if they come up with no records found,does it mean immigration also wont be seeing it .please comment

Talk to an experienced immigration lawyer who ca answer the details of each step you need to take.

good question ...waiting to see a response