FAVORITISM

Asked almost 2 years ago - Jersey City, NJ

Though we are told very often that we are treated the same and that we are all obliged to work the hours that the company requires of us (9-6), in the various departments many leave work about a 1/2 hour early by average. However, in my department, when one leaves even 5 minutes early (work assignments completed) a write up is threatened? Is this legal? What can I do?

1. 2

1

Answered . I am an attorney licensed in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, and the States of Delaware and New Jersey. My practice includes employment, business and health care law. Before I respond to your inquiry, I must state that we have not spoken, I have not reviewed the relevant documents and facts, and I do not represent you. Therefore, my discussion below is not a legal opinion, but is informational only. Finally, my discussion applies only to issues to which Pennsylvania, Delaware, New Jersey or Federal law applies.

That being said, as long as you are not being treated differently due to your race, age, gender, disability, etc., but are being treated differently due to which department you are in, there is no legal claim or remedy. What is happening may be unfair, but it is not illegal.

/Christopher E. Ezold/

The Ezold Law Firm, P.C.
    Employment, Business and Health Law
    One Belmont Avenue, Suite 501
    Bala Cynwyd, PA 19004
    (610) 660-5585
    Cezold@Ezoldlaw.com
    www.ezoldlaw.com

2. 1

Answered . I agree with Mr. Ezold.