Fathers name on birth certificate

Biloxi, MS |
Filed under: Birth certificate

my son died 2 weeks before his daughter was born. they were not married yet. and because of that they would not put his name on the birth certificate . is there any way we can get that done. it has been 18 years and his daughter would like to have his name on it.

I do not believe that marriage is a prerequisite to being placed on the birth certificate. I would call the Dept. of Vital Statistics in Jackson, MS and ask to speak to their legal department.

The state of Mississippi does not certify lawyers in any specific category of law and the decision to hire an attorney should be taken only after careful consideration. Jeff Padgett's profile and any answers to questions given is strictly for the purpose of advertising his services.

Timothy J. Evans

Timothy J. Evans

Mr. Padgett is correct that marriage is not a prerequisite. You do not say if this is the situations, but I know from cases I have handled that if the mother is married to someone other than the biological father, even if they have been separated for quite some time, the hospital would require a court order to list someone else as the father on the birth certificate information

my son was killed 2 weeks before the childs birth, because he was not here to sign the certificate the sate of iowa would not put his namr it on it. there is no fathers name. we wold like to have his name put on the certificate. what steps would i have to take. if i need to petition the cours how do i do this thankyou

Birth certificate topics

Recommended articles about Birth certificate