Fathers name on birth certificate

Asked over 2 years ago - Biloxi, MS

my son died 2 weeks before his daughter was born. they were not married yet. and because of that they would not put his name on the birth certificate . is there any way we can get that done. it has been 18 years and his daughter would like to have his name on it.

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Jeffrey J. Padgett

    Contributor Level 13

    Answered . I do not believe that marriage is a prerequisite to being placed on the birth certificate. I would call the Dept. of Vital Statistics in Jackson, MS and ask to speak to their legal department.

    The state of Mississippi does not certify lawyers in any specific category of law and the decision to hire an... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

20,991 answers this week

2,685 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

20,991 answers this week

2,685 attorneys answering