Father wants more time. Can I keep the visitation schedule the same?

Current court order is 50/50 Joint/Legal with father visitation set at extended every other weekend (10 Days with Mom, 4 Days with Father) Our daughter is 4 years old and we have had this schedule for 3 years. Father has moved closer and is demanding more time, such as, every other week or 2,2,3 schedule. Can I keep the visitation schedule the same?

Irvine, CA -

Joseph Torri

Joseph Torri

Family Law Attorney - Irvine, CA

Keeping the schedule the same is possible, but all of the facts need to be analyzed. The father's move closer may create a substantial change in circumstances. The court would need to look at what is in the child's best interest. If the father has a compelling argument, he may prevail. This is a very general question. You should consult with a child custody attorney, because all of the facts can be analyzed and a proper assessment can be made. These posts make it difficult to give a thorough answer in a short post.

www.JoeTorriLaw.com

A J. Williams

A J. Williams

Child Custody Lawyer - Green Bay, WI

You can keep the schedule the same. There is no reason for you to disrupt the schedule. He can file with the court and prove to the court that he has reason to have the visitation schedule change.

Joseph Franklin Pippen Jr.

Joseph Franklin Pippen Jr.

Family Law Attorney - Largo, FL

You can keep it the same until the court has a reason to modify the court order.