Father of my child wants to take my child away because i no longer want to be in a hurtful relationship we were in

Asked almost 2 years ago - Longview, TX

he has a gun charge for bringing out a gun infront of our child during a confrentation of him and my current boyfriend. he takes pictures of her holding firearms he owns that are not legally his. he has a anger problem when it comes to things not going his way and makes our child cry often snd come home with swollem eyes. he also has another kid he doesnt even look after...

1. Howard M Lewis

Pro

4

9

Answered . It may be that the father of your child is threatening to take the child away because you refuse to continue your relationship with him. However, it is unlikely that a court would allow this based upon the facts that you outline above. I strongly suggest that you seek local counsel to assist you should the father file for custody. Good luck.

2. Mark Anthony Cohan

Pro

Answered . I agree with Attorney Lewis. You're going to want an attorney. Even if he wants to take the child away, there's no guarantee he can-- especially if he has a gun charge against him. If you can document this anger problem, you might have grounds for even restricting his visitation if there are orders already in place. I'd strongly recommend finding a local attorney with a free consultation to discuss your options.