Father is residential parent for school placement, and ive already graduated (early)

Asked 7 months ago - Grove City, OH

Im staying at my moms, does he have any way of getting me back? Because I really don't want to go back. Plus he told my mom I can stay as long as her and I decide and his wife emailed us stating they are done with me and not to come back.

1. Raenell Leigh Nagel

3

Answered . If you are over the age of 18, then you are able to live where you choose.

If you are still a minor, then any custody or visitation order in place would remain in effect. If this is the case, I would recommend that you ask your mother to consult with an attorney who can review the order and determine any action that may be available.

Best of luck!

Raenell Nagel
    Nagel & Dougherty LLC
    Raenell@NMDLawGroup.com
    614-707-4663
    www.facebook.com/nageldougherty

Serving clients across Ohio

2. Lee Alan Thompson

2

Answered . If you're 18, it's not an issue. If you're close enough to 18, just stay since your dad is agreeable. Depending on when you turn 18, it's probably more expensive for your mom to file for custody than the gain. Your parents could make the change by agreement filed with the court. It sounds like there was a shared parenting and without seeing the papers, there's probably enough wiggle room in the papers that it won't matter. Too bad about your dad. Work on trying to restore the relationship at some point.

3. Golnar Sargeant

1

Answered . Call and ask social services, they should be able to tell you.