Skip to main content

Father had all temporary rights and custody and at trial judge ruled for mother. How can we appeal?

Pearland, TX |

Father and mother were never married. Split when child was 6 months old. Fighting custody issue since then for 2 years. Father had temporary custody, all medical and education rights. Ruled 2 months ago for father but mother refused to sign final papers. She has had 3 attorneys quit since beginning. Represented herself at last trial and judge ruled for her going against the childs attorney and social study recommendations. Can we appeal this in Texas?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


There needs to be a legal and factual basis for an appeal to succeed. What if anything has changed in the last two months to suggest that the best interests of the child are served in having a different custody ruling? Your post does nothing to suggest that an appeal would meet the criteria. Those social study recommendations are just that, recommendations.

Check with a lawyer in your locale to discuss more of the details.

Good luck to you.

God bless.

NOTE: This answer is made available by the out-of-state lawyer for educational purposes only. By using or participating in this site you understand that there is no attorney client privilege between you and the attorney responding. This site should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed professional attorney that practices in the subject practice discipline and with whom you have an attorney client relationship along with all the privileges that relationship provides. The law changes frequently and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. The information and materials provided are general in nature, and may not apply to a specific factual or legal circumstance described in the question.

Child custody topics

Recommended articles about Child custody

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer