Fast crinminal question

Asked almost 3 years ago - Abilene, TX

We are trying to get copies of police reports,warrents, and I guess you would say all the evidence they have against me and my husband. But they won't give it too us what do we do. Cuz they are draggin their feet for my husband lawyer its been 2 months. They said they couldn't give us copies cuz it was still open but we were arrested please help

1. Eric Joseph Davis

Answered . All you can do is an open records request... but if it is an open case, there is still alot of information they will not provide to you until the case is closed. You must go through a lawyer.

2. Shannon Willis Locke

Pro

Answered . I agree with the answer posted above. An ongoing criminal investigation (and all criminal cases are ongoing investigations) is an exception to the Texas Open Records act. Therefore, you need to go through a lawyer to get the information you seek.