Family problems

Fort Worth, TX |

Okay im 14 and so is my boyfriend and we are going to have a baby there is no way I can tell my parents a because they already yell and scream at me hit me throw stuff at me I just know that me and my boyfriend are getting married and is there anyway I could move in with him I ran away from my problems already but it didnt help she hit me again and idk she is going crazy I just need to get out this house he has money to support all of us its just if we get married could I move in with him without my parents consint

Because you are 14, you can't get married without your parents' consent and if you run away they'll just send you back to your parents. If your parents are hitting you, you should tell a teacher or counselor. In fact talking to a counselor at school may be the best thing right now. You have a baby to protect and you are little more than a baby yourself, so you need to get into a safe and supportive environment and that won't happen unless you talk to someone.

This attorney is licensed in the State of Texas only and this information does not constitute legal advice. If you are seeking legal advice, please consult with an attorney at your earliest convenience.

At the school I am you have to request to go to the counsler and everytime I try i never get in I know that their is some where you can get married at 14 cant you

Calli Diane Baldwin

Calli Diane Baldwin

In the state of Texas, you have to have parental permission AND court approval to get married under the age of 14, pregnant or not. There is NO state in the USA that will let a 14 year old get married without a court order.

Calli Diane Baldwin

Calli Diane Baldwin

Sorry, that should stay that in Texas you need court approval to get married under the age of 16.

Is there any other way??

Calli Diane Baldwin

Calli Diane Baldwin

No. You and you're boyfriend can petition a court to let you get married due to your pregnancy, but the judge gets to decide. Also, you would have to let your parents know you were petitioning the court to get married.

Well he lives 5 hours away because we moved

Calli Diane Baldwin

Calli Diane Baldwin

Does he live in Texas?

Yes he lives in odessa texas

Calli Diane Baldwin

Calli Diane Baldwin

Putting marriage aside, when you say your parents hit you what do you mean? Are you being abused? If so, you need to report that to a teacher, a school official, a counselor, CPS, somebody! Second, are you getting pre-natal care? That's very important, especially because you are so young. Third, do his parents know about the pregnancy? If so, maybe they can help you deal with your parents in telling them and trying to figure out a plan. If not, then that's another set of people you need to consider. Unfortunately, there are no easy solutions to this predicament you've gotten yourself into and you need to start making some adult decisions about facing this. Running off and getting married is not an option. None of your options are going to be simple.

Yes his parents know but his aunt is a judge and she has papers for me but when we moved down here there was nothing she could do she says because she cant come get me but on the paper I have his last name

Calli Diane Baldwin

Calli Diane Baldwin

What kind of papers does she have for you? If the aunt is willing to approve the marriage or help you file to be married, then you will need to tell your parents what you are doing. If you are scared, make sure there is another adult present to keep you safe when you tell them. If they won't agree, you will have to go through the courts. Can the aunt email you the papers, you sign them and fax them back?

Idk I have to ask him because he doesnt get off school till 4 I got ofc at 2:40

You need to talk to an adult about your situation! Find a teacher or counselor you trust and share with them what you are going through. You might also consider calling the edna Gladney Center in Ft. Worth and ask to speak to a counselor.

Alright thank you