Skip to main content

Family member financially abusing her mother.forged checks can we stop her from moving into her mother's house?she illlh

Mattituck, NY |

She id threatening that if she doesn't get money she will move in.....she is in elder trust and is also ruining real estate deal for said mother

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


You should speak with the District Attorney and file a complaint. Forgery is a crime. If she is stealing money for her own use from a trust, this is also theft. Please report her. The worst that can happen is that you are wrong. But if you are right you are doing a great service to this woman. Does this woman have any other children who can step in and prevent this from going further?


This is well beyond a message board. You're either going to need an attorney and/or have to file a criminal complaint against the family member and hope that the da is interested.

If you'd like to discuss, please feel free to call. Jeff Gold Gold, Benes, LLP 1854 Bellmore Ave Bellmore, NY 11710 Telephone -516.512.6333 Email -


You should contact law enforcement.

I have been a criminal attorney in New York for almost 25 years. website: Phone #: 718-208-6094 email: This answer is only for informational purposes and is not meant as legal advice.


Contact the DA's office

Joseph A. Lo Piccolo, Esq.
Immediate Past President, Criminal Courts Bar Association 11'-12'
Hession Bekoff & Lo Piccolo
1103 Stewart Ave, Suite 200
Garden City, NY 11530
516-408-3666 (o) / 516-408-3833 (f)

I am a criminal defense attorney practicing in Nassau, Suffolk and New York City. The above information is not a substitution for a meeting whereas all potential legal issues can be discussed.

Criminal defense topics

Recommended articles about Criminal defense

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer