Skip to main content

Family law

Boca Raton, FL |
Filed under: Family law

I need to file an objection to referral to the general magistrate. Can I simply say that I object to the GM due to the fact it's not a child support matter? I am objecting mostly because I think this GM absolutely doesn't like me and has a bias. I want my upcoming hearing which is on a Motion to Enforce the MSA (non child-support related) heard by the Judge.

Attorney Answers 2

  1. If it's not a child support matter you can object. If it's a child support matter, you can't object because the GM has jurisdiction to hear it. You should not say you are objecting because the GM doesn't like you.

    The contents of this answer should be considered friendly advice, not legal advice and the answer should not be construed to constitute an attorney-client relationship. If you'd like actual legal advice, call me at 954-567-4100. Also, if you liked this answer did, be sure to click the thumbs-up button

  2. You do not have to provide a reason for your objection. There is a form on the Florida Supreme Court website for an Objection to Order of Referral to GM that should give you more guidance.

Family law topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics