Family Law

Asked 12 months ago - Watts, Los Angeles, CA

I need to know how to take my case to Supreme Court? I have fought for my child for 12 years to no avail! With and without Layers! I have never been titled an unfit mom! I've seen murderers with more rights and success at visiting their children than me! I think it is because I am from the ghetto and dad is from Beverly Hills.

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Stephen Ross Cohen

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Best Answer
    chosen by asker

    Answered . Most Appeals are started by filing a Notice of Appeal with the court within 60 days of the decision. If your case decision is over 60 days old it may be time barred. As for the ghetto v. Beverly Hills, unfortunately I do believe that the more money one has to hire an attorney sometimes means the more justice that person obtains.

    My name is Stephen R. Cohen and have practiced since 1974. I practice in Los Angeles and Orange County, CA.... more
  2. Tobie Brina Waxman

    Contributor Level 18


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . To move a case to a higher court you would need to appeal the lower court's judgment or orders. Whether you have grounds to appeal is another issue. You would need to establish a basis for an appeal, i.e. establish that the judge made a mistake of law, of not considering evidence presented, or some other error that would entitle you to appeal. This is not something you can do on your own. To find out if you have grounds for an appeal you should consult directly with an attorney.

  3. Debra Vaniman Crawford


    Contributor Level 13


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . The best thing to do is to take your paperwork to an experienced family law attorney in your area who can go over the papers with you and explain what happened and what your options are.

Related Topics

Child Custody

Child custody involves decisions about who will be responsible for a child, including parental rights, for both married and unmarried parents, and adoptions.

Parental rights in child custody

Parental rights includes the rights a parent has in regards to his or her children. Mothers, fathers, and unmarried parents are sometimes treated differently.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

34,223 answers this week

3,631 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

34,223 answers this week

3,631 attorneys answering