Family Law

Brentwood, CA |

The Judge stated dad needs to file a motion to prove why I should not have my visits modified since he disagrees to my visit modification request. We both dropped our lawyers and are in pro per. How long do I wait for him to file? What if he never files? We are off calendar until then. What is this judge plans for us if he never files or if I file.

Do not continue wait for him to reset your motion date, you should refile your motion to avoid delay.

If you have found this information helpful, please let the attorney know by marking best answer. Thank you. This participating Attorney does not warrant any information provided, nor are we creating an Attorney-Client relationship by providing said information to you on this site. Nothing contained herein is intended to constitute, offer, induce, promise, or contract of any kind. The content provided is presented as a courtesy to be used only for informational purposes and is not represented to be error free. The Law Offices of John N. Kitta makes no representations or warranties of any kind with respect to its answer to inquiries, and such representations and warranties are being expressly disclaimed. Given limited facts, we are attempting to share relevant information concerning this area of the law as a public service.

2. I'm not sure what the Judge meant as it seems that you should be the one filing the motion. And he should respond with why he disagrees. You should seek the advice of an experience family law attorney in your area to clarify this.

3. I agree with attorney Kitta -- you should file and seek the modification. You might consider purchasing a copy of the Court Reporters Transcript to sort out what the Judge said. If the Judge said anything that helps your case, showing the Judge his/her own prior words can be very useful.

As stated above -- I have NOT actually stated any legal opinion, because I need to know more before I can start to form one.