Skip to main content

Family Law, why can't I find my case number in the court ca gov?

Bakersfield, CA |

My x-wife is in contempt of court order and i have filed police reports about 50 times. But, why can't I find my case number in the court ca gov on the computer? Is my Family Law case bogus?

Three times abandonment has been thrown out by the judge. My x-wife is fileing abandonment charges again. My x-wife had a bence warrant for contempt of court order. Nothing is happening for my rights to visit with my children. Is something wrong with Kern County Court system? What exactly are the steps for the first abandonment charge thrown out and why is my x-wife able to deceive the everyone? Is it because she is a woman?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


You may be looking in the wrong place. For online case info, try:

The information presented here is general in nature and is not intended, nor should be construed, as legal advice. This posting does not create any attorney-client relationship with the author (who is only admitted to practice law in the State of California). For specific advice about your particular situation, consult your own attorney.


Your case number would be found in the superior court in the county where the case is filed. There is not a uniform system in California to find a family law court case number. Additionally, some courts will not allow a name search unless you personally go to the court house. For example in Los Angeles, you can use a case number to look up the status of a case through their online system, but if you only have the last name of the party, you must go to the courthouse to look up the case number.

The response above does not form an attorney-client relationship. This answer may or may not apply to you and should not be relied upon as legal advice.



I have a case number?


If your case is a paternity action you cannot find out about it online. Paternity actions are confidential and can only be accessed by the parties or their attorneys.



I have a case number. Yes, I am a party to this case.

Edmund Lee Montgomery

Edmund Lee Montgomery


If it is a paternity case it is not availble on line. You might have to check with the court cllerk to get any information concerning your case.

Family law topics

Recommended articles about Family law

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer