Family Court date, but I have a Capias Warrant?

Asked over 1 year ago - Plano, TX

Will I be arrested while at this court date? The warrant is in a neighboring county (Denton)

1. Eric Stephen Lafleur

6

1

Best Answer

Answered . The answer is, it depends. The first issue is that the bailiff probably isn't checking every party on the family law docket for warrants, so he may be unaware of the existence of the warrant. If someone brings it to his attention, it will depend on what the warrant is for. If its for an unpaid traffic ticket from another county, the bailiff may not care enough to do anything about it. If its a warrant for a serious felony charge, that'd be hard for him to ignore.

Best thing to do, obviously, is to get the warrant lifted before your court date.

2. Stephen Andrew Hamer

3

1

Answered . As atty LaFleur said... you're probably fine as it is a traffic warrant. But no guarantees.

3. Marjorie Ann Muniz

1

Answered . Any time you have an open warrant, you can be arrested. It will depend on how thorough the family court is about checking the parties on their docket.