Family business being a general partnership question.

If a general partnership is a family business, that files several lawsuits a year, and no one ever objects to the lack of a FBN statement, then is it unnecessary for them to file a FBN statement?

San Luis Obispo, CA -

Bryant Keith Martin

Bryant Keith Martin

Business Attorney - Santa Barbara, CA

I am not a litigator, but I understand that in Small Claims Court, the judges are punctilious about insisting that the FBN be filed before the plaintiff can go forward.. Maybe your FBN just does not appear to be fictitious.

Frank Wei-Hong Chen

Frank Wei-Hong Chen

Litigation Lawyer - San Marino, CA

It is necessary for the plaintiff which is a general partnership operating under a FBN to file a FBN statement if using the FBN to sue in court.

George William Wolff

George William Wolff

Construction / Development Lawyer - San Francisco, CA

No, unless the names of all. Partners are included in the business name.

WOLFFLAW
(415)788-1881