Skip to main content

Family based u.s. sponsorship, USCIS, immigration law, can cousin in the u.s. sponsor canadian citizen

Miami, FL |
Filed under: Immigration

Can I get my cousin in the States to sponsor me to live in the United States? I am a Canadaian Citizen.

Attorney Answers 1


Family based immigration is limited to wife, husband, brother, sister and children (step-children and adopted children in some cases) of USCs or wife and husband of LPRs. You have other options based on employment. Canadian citizens also have the NAFTA available to them, depending on eligibility.

Mark as helpful

3 found this helpful

Immigration topics

Recommended articles about Immigration

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics