Falsely Arrested For 5th Degree Domestic Assault, No Evidence Against Me. Victim Admitted To Assaulting Me, Yet I Was Arrested.

Minneapolis, MN |

I WAS ARRESTED FOR DOMESTIC ASSAULT/DOMESTIC VIOLENCE AND THERE WAS NO EVIDENCE AGAINST ME WHAT SO EVER. THE VICTIM ADMITTED TO THE ARRESTING OFFICER THAT SHE GRABBED MY ARM TO TRY AND GET MY PHONE (THIS IS 5TH DEGREE ASSAULT) AND ALSO VICTIM ADMITTED TO SPITTING ON OR AT ME WHICH IS ALSO A CRIME (5TH DEGREE) UNDER MINNESOTA LAW. THE OFFICER DID NOTHING WITH HER ADMISSIONS OF GUILT, HE LOOKED RIGHT PAST THEM. HE ALSO NOTED HER INCONSISTENCIES AND THAT THERE WAS NO SIGN OF PHYSICAL INJURY TO HER FACE AND NECK (SHE STATED I SLAPPED HER IN THE FACE AND KICKED HER IN THE THROAT), AND SHE ALSO COULDN'T REMEMBER WHICH SIDE OF THE FACE SHE WAS SLAPPED ON. IF THE ARRESTING OFFICER WAS USING GOOD FAITH AND DUE CARE HE WOULD HAVE ARRESTED VICTIM BASED ON THE

“EVIDENCE” BEING HER ADMISSIONS OF GUILT IN ASSAULTING ME, NOTING THERE IS NO PHYSICAL EVIDENCE OR EYE WITNESSES AGAINST ME, OR ANY ADMISSIONS OF GUILT FOR THE ALLEGED ASSAULT. THE ONLY EVIDENCE OF AN ASSAULT TAKING PLACE WAS VICTIM ADMITTING TO THE ARRESTING OFFICER THAT SHE ASSAULTED ME TWICE, YET HE DID NOTHING AND SAW NOTHING WRONG WITH THE FACTS AND ARRESTED ME INSTEAD, ACCORDING TO HIM IT WAS BASED ON HIS EVIDENCE, EVIDENCE OF WHAT? I AM CONFIDENT THAT THE CHARGES WILL BE DISMISSED BASED ON THE LACK OF EVIDENCE AGAINST ME. CAN I PRESS CHARGES AGAINST VICTIM BASED ON HER ADMISSIONS OF GUILT IN ASSAULTING ME? *** I Am Being Charged With 5th Degree Domestic Assault Minn. Statute. 609.224 Sub. (1).. I am wondering if and how they have a case against me? and why I was arrested and not her? This doesn't add up to me, definitely no probable cause or reasonable cause, maybe against the "victim" but not me.

1. You don't have a question in the statement above. If you are being charged with a crime, I suggest you contact a criminal defense attorney directly.

For a free consultation, call 612-217-0077. This information is general in nature. You should not rely on this information as legal advice, as each case is unique. This information does not create an attorney-client relationship. If you are in need of legal advice concerning a particular matter, you are encouraged to contact us at your earliest convenience.

2. Do you have a question?

In no way am I offering you legal advice, and in no way has my comment created an attorney-client relationship. You are not to rely upon my note above in any way, but insted need to sit down with counsel and share all relevant facts before receiving fully-informed legal advice. If you want to be completely sure of your rights, you must sit down with an experienced criminal defense attorney to be fully aware of your rights.

3. If you don't believe you committed an assault, you need to hire a defense attorney to aggressively defend against these charges.

4. Fight your case all the way! Use her admissions against her and the state's lack of evidence and gender bias to your advantage. Fifth degree assault can impact your ability to keep/maintain a job, professional licenses, immigration status, etc. Get an experienced criminal defense attorney that has won acquittals in these sort of matters and/or dismissals.