Falsely accused of forgery and aggrivated motor vehicle theft.

Asked about 1 year ago - Grand Junction, CO

My husband and i have been arrested and charged with forgery and motor vehicle theft on a vehicle that was used as payment by the previous owner to pay a debt owed to my husband for mechanical work done for her. 20+ days after we had transferred the title into our name she accused us of forgery on the title and claims we stole her vehicle . no one seems to want to help us including our lawyers even after all the evidence we have and willingness to take hand writing analysis. Due to this we have lost temporary custody of our two children, our home, our jobs and have been forced to come back to colorado after moving to montana. she was upset with my husband for her own personal reasons and is now ruining our lives, how can we get help and prove our innocence if no one is willing to listen.

1. Brandon Uriah Luna

Pro

6

Answered . Grand Junction, CO:

It appears that records relating to the mechanical work, communications between you and the previous owner, and the process you used to take possession of the car would go a long way to proving you did not steal the car or forge a title. I am sure you have shown this evidence to your current attorney. I cannot think of a reason why your attorney would think it is not good enough. You need to ask and get a clear explanation your attorney.

Brandon

2. Carina M. Jenkins

4

Answered . If you have documentation that the the vehicle was used as payment, an attorney should be able help you. Make sure that you are showing the evidence to an attorney who represents you. The district attorney or prosecutor, does not represent you. Rather they represent the state and their goal is primarily to secure convictions. Even if you show them evidence, they may be unwilling to dismiss a case and you need an attorney to fight for you. If you do have your own attorney, either a public defender or private attorney, ask them specifically what their concerns about the case are. Sometimes there are things that cause attorneys to be concerned that clients may not understand. For example, in court, certain rules restrict the kinds of evidence that can be used. A good attorney will explain everything to you. Consider getting a second opinion if your lawyer will not explain the problem with your case.

3. Christopher Daniel Leroi

Pro

3

Answered . You need to hire a Public Defender or hire a private criminal defense attorney as soon as possible.