False usc claim LPR

Asked 6 months ago - Fort Worth, TX

How would I find out if I made any false USC claims? Also if I have and I an eligible for the benefit because of my LPR status would it affect my renewal of green card?

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

6

1

Best Answer

Answered . It would affect a lot of things but not the renewal. If made, the next inquiry before the claim sticks forever making you inadmissible and ineligible for naturalization with no waiver available, is whether it was a knowingly made claim and if not, whether you officially retracted it the second you figure out you made it.

2. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

7

1

Answered . Have an immigration attorney file a FOIA request for the copy of your entire file with each CBP and USCIS (needs to file 2 FOIAs).

3. David Alexander Concha

Pro

5

1

Answered . As mentioned FOIA Requests can help. Also, your own memory. Why do you believe you made a false claim. A consultation with an immigration attorney may help you figure out if you did or not.

4. Lindsey Warren Wilkes

3

1

Answered . As the others stated, the FOIA requests are a good start. One thing that often shows up in the category is when someone gets their Driver's License and accidentally or unknowingly registers to vote. If this is so, you need to immediately get your name off of the voter registration rolls.

5. Jagbir Singh Terkiana

2

1

Answered . FOIA request generally filed to get information with specific agencies. You would need to recall where you could have made such claims. An error might be excused if properly argued, but a deliberate/misleading claim could result in loosing all immigration benefits. Proceed through an attorney, if such possibility exists.