False imprisonment.

Asked over 1 year ago - Titusville, FL

A warrant was issued and on Jan 31st, 2013 Jenny Louise EDWARDS was arrested and held without bail on a VOP violation.
37 days later she was released because the warrant that was issued was false. The judge did not her to serve probation.
1000s dollars later she got released due to demanding someone to check the records.
Three attorneys were hired and none of them would even try to look at the court's record.
Because of the warrant everything is upside down and according to neighbor the police found out through them.
So what options are there?

Attorney answers (5)

  1. Jason Michael Reid

    Contributor Level 13


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . I agree, your question is difficult to understand. Have her contact a local attorney to discuss her options.

  2. Rixon Charles Rafter III

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Lots of gaps in your confusing post. The woman should see a local attorney to discuss all the facts and circumstances.

    NOT LEGAL ADVICE. FOR EDUCATION AND INFORMATION ONLY. Mr. Rafter is licensed to practice in the Commonwealth of... more
  3. Gregg R. Brennan


    Contributor Level 12

    Answered . If she is seeking to sue the police for false arrest based upon the false warrant, she needs to speak with an attorney that is experienced in such areas of the law. Not all criminal defense attorneys practice civil rights law and she should find an attorney that has experience in filing a Section 1983 suit and have him or her evaluate the case.

    An attorney-client relationship is NOT created by the answering of this question. If you would like to discuss... more
  4. Richard G. Canina


    Contributor Level 11

    Answered . I have been practicing 100% criminal defense in Brevard County for 28 years. With a bit more information, i'm sure i can point you in the right direction. Please feel free to call me and further explain your situation at no charge.

    This answer does not, nor is it intended to, create an attorney-client relationship or constitute attorney... more
  5. Alan Smith


    Contributor Level 13

    Answered . Is she suing the police? Her probation officer? The people who informed on her to get her arrested? The lawyers who wouldn't look at the file?

    The options vary in each case.

    My response to this question does not mean I agree to represent you in any proceedings. This information is also... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

28,457 answers this week

3,138 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

28,457 answers this week

3,138 attorneys answering