False charges listed on justmugshots,com, how do I get these removed without paying their extortion-like prices?

Englewood, FL |

I recently found out through an internet search that a website called justmugs.com has a mugshot of me with totally false charges. It I was arrested on a different date for retail theft, but nothing like this. They list me as having the following charges:

893.13 6a, T, Cocaine-possess / Possess Cocaine
893.13 1a1, S, Cocaine-possess / With Intent To Sell Mfg Deliv Etc Schedule Ii
893.147 1, F, Narcotic Equip-possess / And Or Use
893.13 1a1, S, Opium Or Deriv-sell / Schedule I Or Ii
948.06, N, Prob Violation / Or Commty Cont Re Unk/fel/misd/juv Non Critria

None of this is true. There is no public record of it, Justmugshots said I can have it removed for free if I have proof of expungment/dismissal, but of course I don't have these because the arrest never happened, What can I do?

You might be able to file for a restraining order to make them remove it, and if you suffered actual damages from the post, you might have a defamation case against them. Consult with an attorney in your area for an evaluation of your potential claim.

I am licensed in California, therefore, my answers are based on general prinicpals of law or California law, which may not be applicable in your jurisdiction. Answers posted to Avvo are for general information only. Do not conclusively rely on any information posted online when deciding what to do about your case. Every case depends is fact dependent, and responses are limited to and is based on the information you posted. No attorney-client relationship shall be created through the use reading of this response on Avvo. You should never delay seeking legal advice, disregard legal advice, or commence or discontinue any legal action because of information in this response.

Retain a local lawyer to investigate, as this could be damaging to your career.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com

Use the browse/search feature of Avvo to research the on-going issues re "mugshots.com" Some participating attorneys claim some success at forcing removal, and it may serve you to connect with those lawyers who can cite to specific favorable results.

My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must not be relied upon as legal advice. I give legal advice only in the course of an attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by individual consultation and execution of a written agreement for legal services.

Internet law topics