Skip to main content

False Arrest/Imprisonment & Battery

Wesley Chapel, FL |

I was arrested in a club for Trespass & resisting arrest w/out violence. Both charges were dropped. Now my mugshot is all over the internet and I am in Sales, not to mention I am currently trying to find a job. The resisting arrest was dropped immediate before we even put in a plea. The trespass was dropped because my lawyer showed I never tried to reenter the club. Regarding the Resisting arrest, which never happened. the police officer was pushing me down a Hall where noone else could see us, when I was walking out on my own in front of him. I mentioned I was going to record what he was doing to me and he threw me on the ground, when I got up, he threw me down again. Then he charges me with resisting arrest which never happened.

I need to add that I have found that several websites will remove with proof . BUT, that doesnt remove the one from HCSO. I tried to do an Expungement, but unfortunately I have a wreckless back in 2007 and so it cannot be removed. My lawyer who helped me with my case recommended I go to a lawyer for filing a case against the Police Officer/TPD due to this is now hurting my job and potentially getting hired at companies. Not to mention he used excessive force and threw me down, twice! I was originally going to go to Internal Affairs, if he did this to me, he may have done this to others!

Attorney Answers 3

  1. There are many agencies that post the mugshot online. Many times you can contact them with proof that your case was dropped and they may remove it. Also, you should speak to an attorney about expunging your arrest, even though your case was dropped the arrest still shows on background checks. My office handles that, you can visit and look under expungement.

  2. You need to get a certified copy of the disposition and start contacting the agencies that have the information out there. You also need to seal your record. Talk to a lawyer in your area about both.

  3. You may be able to do what is called an 'administrative' expunction that forces the agency to remove the record. You may also have a false arrest claim.

    Seek out an experienced criminal litigator for a free consultation. A good place to start is by going to the website for the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers ( Clicking on this link will take you to the part of their site that links you to a map of the US where you can click on your jurisdiction to find an affiliate local organization. There is also a link to find members of NACDL near you. Meet several that offer free consultation. Hire one that you feel comfortable with and you can afford. There is no confidentiality online.

    NACDL Local affiliates:

    NACDL local members:
    ( | For confidential answers on Florida law, call 1.877.452.9457. Attorney James Regan, LL.M, Esq., is a Florida lawyer answering questions pro bono. Answering these consumer questions based on limited and unverified facts does not create an attorney-client relationship. Being posted on the internet, these questions and answers are not confidential. For confidential answers on Florida law, call 1.800.452.9357.

Criminal defense topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics