False allegations against me concerning my son someone called dcf saying I abused or neglected my son can't dcf determin that

Asked about 2 years ago - New Bedford, MA

On nov 21 2012 someone called dcf staten that me and my girlfriend are neglected my son which is a lie can't dcf see that someone making up lies regarding me and my girlfriend against my son who we love very much that it's a bogus allegation

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Karen M. Buckley

    Contributor Level 11


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . If DCF receives a report of neglect, they initially screen it in or out, depending upon the source and nature of the claim. If it is screened in, they will do an investigation, which can include a home visit, speaking with the child (depending upon his age), as well as school personnel. If there is basis for the claim, they will close the case as unsupported. You will be notified in writing as to the outcome of the investigation. If it is deemed to be supported, you have the opportunity to contest the finding at an administrative hearing.

    This answer is intended for general informational purposes, and does not create an attorney-client relationship.
  2. Todd Allen Davidson

    Contributor Level 14


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . If the allegations are not true, then DCF should investigate and close their case. Fortunately and unfortunately, anybody can report neglect. If you hear nothing from DCF for many weeks, they have most likely closed their case. Even if they do not close their case immediately and decide to meet with you, just be honest. What some people thought was neglect is just a misunderstanding or harassment. Best of luck!

    If tha consultation with a family attorney should help yoou clarify your situation and most attorneys offer a free consultation

    The content of this answer should not be relied upon or used as a subsitute for consultation with professional... more

Related Topics

Child protection services

Child protection services (CPS) is a government agency that protects children from abuse and neglect. This abuse could be from injury or other harm.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

29,437 answers this week

3,357 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

29,437 answers this week

3,357 attorneys answering