False Advertisement, Employment

Asked almost 2 years ago - Birmingham, AL

I applied for a position which was orginally full time, yet the only way to get the job was to go for the part time position. I signed up for part time but as it stands I am not even getting 20 hours a week is this allowed?

1. 1

Answered . An employer is allowed to dictate the terms of employment, as long as they do not discriminate in the process and they pay you appropriately for the time you work.

2. 2

Answered . Yes, it is allowed. You don't have to accept work on these terms, but the employer is allowed to hire you part-time if you are willing.

3. 1

Answered . Yes, this is allowed.

Answers to questions on this forum do not create an attorney-client relationship.
  4. 1

Answered . Advertising a job is different from advertising a product. Positions change, what a company requires changes, and the company is entitled to manage the job as it feels is appropriate, unless there is a written contract you both signed to the contrary. So yes, it is legal.