False Advertisement, Employment

Asked about 1 year ago - Birmingham, AL

I applied for a position which was orginally full time, yet the only way to get the job was to go for the part time position. I signed up for part time but as it stands I am not even getting 20 hours a week is this allowed?

1. Toni Jacqueline Braxton

1

Answered . An employer is allowed to dictate the terms of employment, as long as they do not discriminate in the process and they pay you appropriately for the time you work.

2. Christine C McCall

Pro

2

Answered . Yes, it is allowed. You don't have to accept work on these terms, but the employer is allowed to hire you part-time if you are willing.

3. Karen Elizabeth Eichman

1

Answered . Yes, this is allowed.

Answers to questions on this forum do not create an attorney-client relationship.
  4. Jennifer L. Ellis

Pro

1

Answered . Advertising a job is different from advertising a product. Positions change, what a company requires changes, and the company is entitled to manage the job as it feels is appropriate, unless there is a written contract you both signed to the contrary. So yes, it is legal.