FALSE accusations of Elder Abuse. I am a NEW LPN, licensed on 5/20/2013 & WAS FIRED AT 11PM 7/12/13, DO I NEED A LAWYER?

Crossville, TN |

I am an LPN, at 1030 PM I was fired on allegations of ELDER ABUSE.
The DON states that AM nurse that was not assigned this resident reported that I had ABUSED a patient. Stating that I said things such as: "I can poke your finger for blood sugar anytime I want just because I can." "You are too slow taking your medications I will have them discontinued." Resident also "states" that I am "mean" to her &that I never wake her up to take meds,& that I never sit her up to give them. All of which are false. The Nurse which spoke with the pt & reported this, dislikes me &is VERY rude to me at shift change, makes negative comments to other employees about me. I told my Supervisor MULTIPLE times about this, &she still continues this. Now I am fired, facing Abuse charges, & possible loss of license.

I've changed the practice area for you to criminal defense. Hire an attorney right away, and don't talk to any body else. You can worry about a potential wrongful termination case after the criminal charges are cleared up (consult with a local employment attorney for statute of limitations issues) but for now, you need a criminal defense attorney.

This is general advice and does not establish an attorney-client relationship.

2. See an attorney in your city now, you could be facing criminal charges and a loss of your license

My name is Stephen R. Cohen and have practiced 39+ yrs. I can be reached at 213-819-1171. I practicein Los Angeles and Orange County, CA. I give only appointments over the phone., these services do not create an attorney client relationship. My answers may offend as I do not believe in pulling punches or sugar coating the truth, I use common sense as well as the law. Other state's laws may differ and I would appreciate it if you feel like marking my answers helpful or best. There are a lot of really good attorneys on this site, I will do limited appearances which are court documents , less expensive.

3. Hire an atty now. Do not make any statements to anyone regarding this.

www.midsouthcriminaldefense.com

Claiborne H. Ferguson, Esq. is * Certified as a Specialist in Criminal Trial Advocacy by the National Board of Trial Advocacy. * Certified as a Specialist in Criminal Trial Advocacy by the Tennessee Commission on Continuing Legal Education and Specialization.

4. First, you should refrain from making any further statements to anyone other then your attorney. Do not post any more facts about your case on public forums or social media websites. You are facing the prospect of having to deal with both criminal charges and administrative proceedings that could result in you losing your license and being placed on the abuse registry. As such you need to hire an attorney with experience handling both criminal defense matters and administrative proceedings as soon as possible. Many attorneys, including myself, offer free initial consultations.

Best of luck!

Wills and estates topics