Fake military orders drafted to help reduce credit card interest rates/postpone having to make payments towards credit card debt

Asked about 1 year ago - Charlotte, NC

My soon-to-be ex-husband had fake military orders drafted stating that he was being sent to Afghanistan for military duty so that he could reduce his credit card interest rates/postpone having to make payments towards his credit cards. I have a copy of the fake orders along with the creditors that were mailed these fake orders. Who should I report this information to and what are the consequences of this?

I wasn't aware of this and am now being asked in an equitable distribution agreement to make payments towards debt that I had no knowledge of.

1. Dorothy G Bunce

Pro

2

Answered . I would report this information to your divorce lawyer, and not to anyone else. Doesn't sound like you have any respect for the concept of marital privilege anymore. Hope this perspective helps!

2. Eric Jerome Gold

Pro

1

Answered . I agree with Attorney Bunce, this should be discussed with your divorce attorney.