Fake military orders drafted to help reduce credit card interest rates/postpone having to make payments towards credit card debt

Charlotte, NC |

My soon-to-be ex-husband had fake military orders drafted stating that he was being sent to Afghanistan for military duty so that he could reduce his credit card interest rates/postpone having to make payments towards his credit cards. I have a copy of the fake orders along with the creditors that were mailed these fake orders. Who should I report this information to and what are the consequences of this?

I wasn't aware of this and am now being asked in an equitable distribution agreement to make payments towards debt that I had no knowledge of.

1. I would report this information to your divorce lawyer, and not to anyone else. Doesn't sound like you have any respect for the concept of marital privilege anymore. Hope this perspective helps!

2. I agree with Attorney Bunce, this should be discussed with your divorce attorney.

** LEGAL DISCLAIMER ** My response above is not legal advice and it does not establish an attoreny-client relationship. When responding to questions posted on Avvo, I provide a general purpose response based on California law as I am licensed in California. In reviewing my response, you are specifically advised that your use of, or reliance upon any response I provide is not advisable. I do not have all relevant background details or facts related to your issue / matter, thus I am not in a position to give you legal advice. Further, your review, use of, or reliance upon my response does not establish an attorney-client relationship between us nor does it qualify as a legal consultation for any purpose. For specific advice regarding your particular circumstances, you should consult and retain local counsel. Law Offices of Eric J. Gold www.EGoldLaw.com Telephone: 818-279-2737 Email: service@egoldlaw.con