Fair standard labor act ? overtime pay for salary worker

Asked about 3 years ago - Detroit, MI

i worked at a car dealership. i was 500.00 a week salary. with a monthly commission. my normal work week was 7am to 6pm m-f. with 1 hour paid lunch. at least 3 weeks a year my lunchtime replacement was on vacation. so i had to work thru my lunch 3 weeks a year. i was not a manager or sales person. it has recntly been brought to my attention that my employer shuld have been paying me for the 10 extra hours i worked a week. if i get a lawyer to take my case and it is decided in my favor can u give me an idea what to expect? i am wondering if its worth the time and effort. after state taxes and lawyer fee is there going to be anything left?

1. Jason T Brown

Pro

Answered . There are many exemptions for automobile dealers under the FLSA that are usually applicable to sales people therein. if your husband makes at least minimum wage depending on the compensation structure this pay practice may be legal. Please go over with a professional all the facts to see if there is something viable. Best of luck.