Skip to main content

Fair injury settlement for minor cervical sprain and strain treated for one and half month?

Albany, GA |

I had a car accident and went to ER a couple of hours later. I said on the scene I had a pain on my neck. In the ER, I was not asked to take an x-ray. A couple of days later, I went to a chiropractor, and he asked me to take an x-ray. It turned out minor, but I felt pain on my neck and also on my shoulder later. It took a little more than one and half months. The medical bills cost $3,000 including ER and chiropractor's. How much is fair settlement for my case?

Attorney Answers 6

  1. Best answer

    There are many factors that can affect the value of a case like this including the nature of the actual collision, whether you missed work and lost income, residual symptoms, etc. However, since you are asking with the information provided, I can tell you that a typical insurance company offer on a case like this will be in the $4,000 to $6,000 range. Personally I believe that closer to $10,000 would be a "fair" settlement, but insurance companies don't always listen to me in these types of cases.

    Good luck.

  2. I'm not going to "guess" at value, but suggest you seek out the opinion of local counsel. This may be a rare instance where you can resolve this on your own that said, understand once resolved always resolved.

    Personal injury cases only; I'm good at it; you be the Judge! All information provided is for informational and educational purposes only. No attorney client relationship has been formed or should be inferred. Please speak with a local and qualified attorney. I truly wish you and those close to you all the best. Jeff

  3. You can settle yourself and save yourself the attorney fees or go to a local attorney and get his advice. Based on what I am seing lately, there is almost a conspiracy bt the insurance companies and they refused to pay more than 6 to 7.6 on soft tissue injury. So, if you want more your attorney may have to advise you regarding this fact. Best of luck.

    This answer is provided by Manuel A. Juarez, Esq., El Abogado de Accidentes de Autos de California: 510-206-4492. El Abogado de Accidentes de Autos provides answers of a general context. These answers are not intended to form an attorney client relationship. El abogado de Accidentes de Autos y Lesiones Personales is licensed only in California. This information is good only in California and it is not to be taken as legal advice on car accidents, personal injury, divorce, bankruptcy or in any other type of situation. Esta respuesta es del Abogado de Accidentes de Autos y Lesiones Personales de Acidentes de carros, Manuel A. Juárez, 510-206-4492. Abogado Hispano de Accidentes, Divorcios, Abogado Latino de Accidentes, y Abogado de Acidentes de Oakland, Hayward, San Francisco, y California. Estas respuesta son solo para información general y no consisten en consejo legal sobre divorcios, mantención de esposas, mantención de hijos o bancarrotas. Las respuestas son comentarios legales que no forman una relación de abogado y cliente. Manuel Juarez, Esq., esta licenciado solo en el Estado de California.

  4. There's no way to guess at settlements without knowing the strength of liability by the defendant, what insurer is involved, and details of your medical care. The one thing that is certain is that injured persons without attorneys average getting about 70% less than claimants with counsel. You really need counsel ASAP.

    If you find this answer helpful, please mark it here on AVVO as helpful. In answering you, I am attempting to communicate general legal information and am not representing you (and am not your lawyer). Do feel free to call me at 404-768-3509 if you wish to discuss actual representation (the phone call also does not retain counsel; that requires an office visit and appropriate paperwork). In that a forum such as this provides me with limited details and doesn't allow me to review details and documents, it is possible that answers here, while meant to be helpful, may in some cases not be complete or accurate, and I highly recommend that you retain legal counsel rather than rely on the answers here. (You can also email my office at . An email also does not retain my office, but can help you get an appointment set if you prefer not to call). I am happy to discuss possible representation with you. Any information in this communication is for discussion purposes only, and is not offered as legal advice. There is no right to rely on the information contained in this communication and no attorney-client relationship is formed. Nothing in my answer should be considered as tax-advice. To ensure compliance with IRS Circular 230, any U.S. federal tax advice provided in this communication is not intended or written to be used, and it cannot be used by the recipient or any other taxpayer (i) for the purpose of avoiding tax penalties that may be imposed on the recipient or any other taxpayer, or (ii) in promoting, marketing or recommending to another party a partnership or other entity, investment plan, arrangement or other transaction addressed herein. I am also required to advise you, if your question concerns bankruptcy, that the U.S. Congress has designated Ashman Law Office as a debt relief agency that can help people file bankruptcy.

  5. There are a plethora of factors that go into putting a number on a case. Without a lawyer, you will either get #1. no money or #2. a tiny nuisance settlement. Retain a personal injury lawyer with a low contingency fee, less than 30%, so you are left with the lion's share of the settlement, not your lawyer. Good luck.

    Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755

  6. Hello my fellow Georgian. I am sorry to hear you were in a car accident in Albany, Georgia. I can relate. Here's the thing, you have a right to reasonable medical treatment --not too little & not too excessive. The issue here is what is right & fair. You need someone who can help you navigate through this process because you are in pain, you are distracted, you are stressed & possibly can't think clearly. I would be happy to speak with you about your case and can be reached @ my office @ (404) 303-8875 & if it's not a fit, I would be happy to refer you to another attorney to take care of you. Take care.

    Sam Levine, Esq.
    Attorney at Law

Personal injury topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics