Fair injury settlement for minor cervical sprain and strain treated for one and half month?

Asked over 1 year ago - Albany, GA

I had a car accident and went to ER a couple of hours later. I said on the scene I had a pain on my neck. In the ER, I was not asked to take an x-ray. A couple of days later, I went to a chiropractor, and he asked me to take an x-ray. It turned out minor, but I felt pain on my neck and also on my shoulder later. It took a little more than one and half months. The medical bills cost $3,000 including ER and chiropractor's. How much is fair settlement for my case?

1. Glen Edward Ashman

Pro

9

Answered . There's no way to guess at settlements without knowing the strength of liability by the defendant, what insurer is involved, and details of your medical care. The one thing that is certain is that injured persons without attorneys average getting about 70% less than claimants with counsel. You really need counsel ASAP.

2. Jeffrey Mark Adams

9

Answered . I'm not going to "guess" at value, but suggest you seek out the opinion of local counsel. This may be a rare instance where you can resolve this on your own that said, understand once resolved always resolved.

3. S. David Rosenthal Esquire

Pro

6

Best Answer

Answered . There are many factors that can affect the value of a case like this including the nature of the actual collision, whether you missed work and lost income, residual symptoms, etc. However, since you are asking with the information provided, I can tell you that a typical insurance company offer on a case like this will be in the $4,000 to $6,000 range. Personally I believe that closer to $10,000 would be a "fair" settlement, but insurance companies don't always listen to me in these types of cases.

4. Manuel Alzamora Juarez

5

Answered . You can settle yourself and save yourself the attorney fees or go to a local attorney and get his advice. Based on what I am seing lately, there is almost a conspiracy bt the insurance companies and they refused to pay more than 6 to 7.6 on soft tissue injury. So, if you want more your attorney may have to advise you regarding this fact. Best of luck.

Pro

5

Answered . There are a plethora of factors that go into putting a number on a case. Without a lawyer, you will either get #1. no money or #2. a tiny nuisance settlement. Retain a personal injury lawyer with a low contingency fee, less than 30%, so you are left with the lion's share of the settlement, not your lawyer. Good luck.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com
  6. Sam Louis Levine

1

Answered . Hello my fellow Georgian. I am sorry to hear you were in a car accident in Albany, Georgia. I can relate. Here's the thing, you have a right to reasonable medical treatment --not too little & not too excessive. The issue here is what is right & fair. You need someone who can help you navigate through this process because you are in pain, you are distracted, you are stressed & possibly can't think clearly. I would be happy to speak with you about your case and can be reached @ my office @ (404) 303-8875 & if it's not a fit, I would be happy to refer you to another attorney to take care of you. Take care.

Sam Levine, Esq.
    Attorney at Law