Skip to main content

Fair Debt Collection Practices Act rights being violated...Who can help me?

Longmont, CO |

I have been reading about my rights with the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act and am certain that they are being violated. I can't afford to hire an attorney for this matter. Who can I contact for help?!

Attorney Answers 5

  1. Best answer

    You can also search for a local consumer law attorney. Most will give a free consultation. Many will agree to work on your case on an hourly basis, but will agree to only collect if they will or obtain a settlement for you.

  2. You can contact the Court and see if there are any pro bono counsels who handle this type of law, also some attorneys will handle this on a Contingency basis (which means you do not pay unless you win)

    The previous information is solely for informational purposes only. If you have further questions, please contact an attorney in your area for more specific answers. Responding to your question in no way creates an attorney/client relationship, and none of the specific guarantees of privacy exist. If you have found this information helpful, kindly check the "helpful" box.

  3. Contact Colorado legal services or metro volunteer lawyers. Good luck.

    This answer is for informational purposes only and is not legal advice regarding your question and does not establish an attorney-client relationship.

  4. Contact Troy Krenning at Gookin and Krenning in Ft. Collins. They specifically do FDCPA work.

  5. Make sure the attorney is going to handle this on a contingency fee arrangement. Make sure you read this legal guide for more information on not choosing an attorney with ulterior motives when seeking "consumer" protection. In my experience sometimes is the consumer attorneys that these consumers need protection from.

    I am an attorney licensed to practice law in Ohio and some Federal Courts throughout the United States. I am not answering your question to solicit you as a client and there is a good chance that I am not licensed to practice law in the state that you reside. I hope that you find my assistance beneficial and, at most, use my advise as a finger pointing in the right direction. An attorney client relationship is not established by posting back and forth online. One of the most beneficial aspects of working with an attorney is the attorney client privilege which does not exist when you post personal facts online to faceless strangers. Hire an attorney if you want specific legal advise. If you cannot afford one, call your local bar association or search "(your city) legal aid" online. The fact that you took the time to post your question online likely means that you could use the aid of an attorney. Call around your area and see if any local attorneys offer free consultations.

Bankruptcy and debt topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics